Monday, September 17, 2012

Barrel Racing :)

Barrel racing is one of my favorite events in rodeo.  It is a girls only event, unless its a 4h rodeo then boys and girls can do it.  There are three barrels and you have to go around them in a clover leaf pattern.  You have a starting gate you must back into.  Once you are ready the time will start. You will be disqualified if you break the pattern.

The Hall of fame barrel racers include:
Kalyn Brooks-1978-2001
Donna Howell-Sickles
Terry Frost
Some of the good barrel racers I know are Lisa Lockhart, Brittney Pozzi, Kristi Steffes, Lindsey Sears, and Carlee Pierce.
Barrel Racing runs in my family.  My aunt Debbie barrel raced.  My sister in law Stephanie and my sister Karisa barrel race
Lisa Lockhart

Lindsey Sears

3 comments:

  1. I love Barrel Racing! The only down side to it is when they have to "work the ground!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barrel racing sounds like it would be a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fun. Do you know why it's a girls-only event?

    ReplyDelete